Cycling around Amsterdam
Training around Amsterdam
No col cycling around Amsterdam but biketraining in the countryside, as in Waterland to the North or in the Green Hart to the south, can be really magical. The change of the seasons and the landscape full of the mills rivers polders and wetlands give most of our bike rides a lot of visual joy.
Here you find some or our training routes specially selected for landscape and scenery. These routes are not always suitable to speed over 35km an hour. Manus can tell you from experience. The roads along the rivers are curvy and during spring and summertime you have to consider the safety of other recreational cyclist. Nevertheless perfect for D1-training.
- Amsterdam, Loenen, Muiden ( 65 km) has wonderfull scenery. Take a pancake in Vreeland, if you are need a break. The path after Muiden over the old seadike is new and wonderful.
To the side you find some examples of routes between 30 and 120 km. For downloading gps-routes starting from Amsterdam here is a collection of classical cycling and training routes
South of Amsterdam:
- Ronde Hoep Polder 32 km
- Woerdens Verlaat, Kromme Mijdrecht 67 km
- Meije 90 km
- Reeuwijkse Plassen, Oudewater 120 km
East of Amsterdam:
- Loenen, Vecht, Muiden 65 km
- Muiden, Naarden, Bussem, Ankeveen 92 km (partly offroad)
West of Amsterdam:
- Velzen, Kopje van Bloemendaal, Dunes, Ringvaart oost 100 km
North of Amsterdam:
- Schermerhoorn, IJselmeer 100km